Crady’s Eclectic Cuisine in Downtown Conway Establishes Adam Lee Whitley
Memorial Scholarship: Funds to Benefit HGTC Culinary Arts Student
Conway, SC–Crady’s Eclectic Cuisine in downtown Conway, South Carolina has established a culinary arts scholarship at Horry Georgetown Technical College in honor of former proprietor, Adam Lee Whitley.
The Adam Lee Whitley Memorial Scholarship, which received initial funding through a Macaroni and Cheese Bakeoff held earlier this fall, will be awarded annually to a deserving Horry or Georgetown County student who is majoring in Horry Georgetown Technical College’s Culinary Arts Program
“We are delighted to make this a reality,” said Barbara Crady Whitley, Adam’s mother and Crady’s owner. “Adam loved to cook and was extremely supportive of young chefs,” she said. “He had a passion not only for cooking, but also had a special place in his heart for those who aspired to be chefs, bakers, or just generally good cooks,” she said.
“We’re extremely grateful to Crady’s, said Neyle Wilson, President of Horry Georgetown Technical College. A scholarship like this goes a long way in helping a talented student obtain not only an education, but establish a vocation.”
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Details of the Adam Lee Whitley Memorial Scholarship:
• One scholarship will be awarded annually in honor of the late Adam Lee Whitley
• Current annual scholarship amount is $1,500
• Scholarship must be used for tuition and/or textbooks
• Recipient must be a full time student majoring in Horry Georgetown Technical College’s Culinary Arts Program. Student must have a GPA of 3.5 or better and must be from Horry or Georgetown Counties in South Carolina and must have skill, a passion for cooking, and possess high moral standards and Christian principles.
• Recipient will be selected by Barbara Crady Whitley and Family.